The newly released Autumn/Winter edition of Inkspot Magazine features an article by Australian based Phantom writer, Julie Ditrich.
Published by the Australian Cartoonists’ Association (in Australia), Inkspot edition number 92 features a 4 page article titled Writing to Purpose: 7 Insights I Gained from Writing The Phantom.
The 7 insights detailed in the article by Julie Ditrich are:
- Writing to the publisher’s brief,
- Meeting Phan expectation,
- Writing to update the visual storytelling craft,
- Writing within the tropes of the action-adventure genre,
- Writing to Phantom lore,
- Writing to give the artist the opportunity to shine,
- Writing within the constraints of the comics medium.
The 4 page article also features Phantom illustrations by the Brazilian based artist, Wendell Cavalcanti.
Julie Ditrich is known amongst Phantom fans for her Phantom story, The Adventure of the Dragon’s Leg, published in Frew Publications’ Trade Paperback number 4 (seen above with cover art by Daniel Picciotto), released in 2021. Wendell Cavalcanti illustrated the comic strip written by Julie Ditrich.
To order a copy of Inkspot #92 to read Writing to Purpose: 7 Insights I Gained from Writing The Phantom by Julie Ditrich, make contact with the Australian Cartoonists’ Association via their website.