Super Fumetti in Film (translating to Super Comics in Film) is a series published by Editoriale Corno in Milano, Italy from March 1976 thru till April 1980. The series contains 17 softcover comic books, with each publication containing a different character, which included Spiderman, The Hulk, James Bond, Dracula, The Planet of the Apes, Frankenstein, Mandrake the Magician and more.
The Phantom was also featured, published in October 1977 in edition number 7. The comic book contains 160 black and white pages and measures 16.5cm x 26cm.
The comic book is themed around the 1943 Phantom Serial released in USA by Columbia Pictures. Interestingly, Tom Tyler (who plays the part of the Phantom in the Serial) appears colored in a Red costume on the back cover, the color the Phantom is known as in Italy.
It contains a 3 page informative article on the Phantom Serial at the front of the comic book, followed by 5 complete Phantom comic stories:
- The Return of the Sky Band (02/03/1941 – 22/03/1942) by Lee Falk and Ray Moore
- Deadman’s Point (26/06/1967 – 30/09/1967) by Lee Falk and Sy Barry
- The Rogue Elephant (02/10/1967 – 20/01/1968) by Lee Falk and Sy Barry
- The Art Thieves (14/10/1968 – 08/02/1969) by Lee Falk and Sy Barry
- Mystery of Kula-Ku (08/03/1976 – 31/07/1976) by Lee Falk and Sy Barry