The Phantom Replica Knife Collection were produced by The Bradford Exchange in Australia in 2011. Fully licensed by King Features Syndicate, the Knife Collection was released with a worldwide limit of only 1936. The Phantom Replica Knife Collection was exclusively marketed and sold in Australia and New Zealand.
The Bradford Exchange was established by J. Roderick MacArthur in 1973, a Chicago, USA based businessman and philanthropist. Initially focusing on providing limited-edition collector plates in the 1970’s, The Bradford Exchange quickly expanded it’s offering and not only provide limited-edition collectables, but a vast array of merchandise including dolls, figurines, home décor, fine Jewellery and even apparel. Today, The Bradford Exchange operates in 15 countries across Europe, New Zealand and Australia.
The Phantom Replica Knife Collection feature illustrations by Glenn Ford and Douglas Klauba, with the blade made of fine porcelain and the handle made of resin. The Replica Knife Collection were released one Knife at a time over several months and came with a certificate of authenticity.
The Phantom Replica Knife Collection features a fully sculpted rendering of the Phantom on each handle straddling the Skull Cave. The Phantom’s Skull and Good ring marks can also be found on each side of the Skull Cave with the wording, ‘The Phantom’ seen behind the Phantoms head. Each Replica Knife is individually numbered by hand on the back of the blade, with the title of the Replica Knife and licensing rights also inscribed. In the below example, the name of the Replica Knife is ‘The Ghost Who Walks’.
The Phantom Replica Knife Collection is designed to display in a hanging position, with a medal loop affixed to the back of the handle. The Replica Knife Collection were designed as display items only, and don’t function as a toy to be played with.