The Phantom Syroco was produced by Multi-Products, Inc. in Chicago, USA in 1944. The Phantom Syroco is 1 of 24 little statues which make up a full set.
The 6″ wood-look statues were originally sold in 1944 in dime stores for 25 cent, with some offered only as mail-in premiums for Cream of Wheat and Farina cereals (see below advertisement). The statues appear to be carved wood, however they’re actually produced using a mold, with the materials used being made up of a sawdust/wood fiber/resins composite.
The Phantom version was offered in 2 different colors, brown and purple, with only 500 of each produced.
Below we see the packaging the Phantom Syroco came in.