The Sing With King At Christmas Music Song Book was produced by King Features Syndicate in USA in 1949. The song book was a free giveaway around Christmas time to business partners and agents of King Features Syndicate.
The song book contains 18 pages and measures 11” x 8”, published in full color. A total of 13 Christmas Carols are published in the song book, with art found within by various famous artists of that era, including Hal Foster, Alex Raymond, Chic Young, Frank Godwin and Milton Caniff, just to name a few.
The song book includes an introduction page titled ‘How the Carols Began’, plus a page at the back of the book titled ‘Merry Christmas’ with this greeting shown in 10 different languages.
On the outside back cover, we see an image of the Phantom singing a Christmas Carol, alongside various other comic book characters.
The 13 Christmas Carols found within the Sing With King At Christmas Music Song Book are:
- Deck the Hall – Image of Blondie and Dagwood by Chic Young.
- God Rest Ye – Image of Rip Kirby and Dorian by John Prentice.
- Joy to the World – Image of Jigs and Maggie by George McManus.
- Glorious Songs of Old – Image of Buz Sawyer by Roy Crane.
- O Little Town of Bethlehem – Image of Rusty Riley by Frank Godwin.
- Hark! The Herald Angels – Image of Steve Canyon by Milton Caniff.
- Come All Ye Faithful – Image of Prince Valiant by Hal Foster.
- Three Kings of Orient – Image of Dick’s Adventure in Dreamland by Neil Okeeffe.
- Holy Night – Image of The Katzenjammer Kids by Harold Knerr.
- Away in a Manger – Image of Mickey Mouse and Friends by Carl Barks.
- Good King Wenceslas – Image of Little King by Otto Soglow.
- Jingle Bells – Image of a wonderful assortment of vintage King Features and other licensed comic characters (Left to Right: Krazy Kat, Hans – Katzenjammer Kids, Tillie the Toiler, Fritzi, Dinty – Bring up Father, Veronica – Archie Comics, Castor Oyl and Barney Google).
- O Evergreen – Image of Snuffy Smith by Fred Laswell.
Thank you Christopher Smith for assisting with images and information.